Help your child improve swallowing and feeding skills through the multidisciplinary approach used by therapists at TTP.
Treatment addresses all aspects of feeding and swallowing. Our therapists apply their training in multiple, evidence-based approaches, such as the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) approach to feeding and TalkTools® oral placement therapy, so your child learns to involve sensory, oral motor, and social skills needed for feeding and swallowing development.
Your child may receive therapeutic services as an individual or as part of a group. We also work very closely with families to encourage daily practice and learning at home.
Indicators for Feeding Therapy
Your child may benefit from feeding therapy if you see these indicators:
- Difficulty self-feeding (e.g. utensils, open cup)
- Oral motor deficits with chewing, swallowing, or manipulating food
- Poor weight gain
- Choking, gagging, coughing, or vomiting before, during, or after meals
- Difficulty coordinating breathing and eating
- Texture avoidance or aversion
- Difficult transition to baby food, finger foods, and/or table foods
- Food range of less than 20 items
- Dropping foods out of diet with no foods to replace them
- Brand, color, and/or shape specificity to food
Contact us today if you have questions about whether or not your child could benefit from feeding therapy.